Bruce Middleton, Director, Bachelor of Technology
Bruce has been with Waste Not Consulting since 2000, as Senior Resource
Consultant, Manager and now Director.
Bruce is a respected and well-known authority in the waste industry, specialising in the collection and analysis of waste quantity and composition data. He has provided these services to local
authorities throughout the country, developing a detailed knowledge of waste management and minimization services and issues. Bruce conducted the 2008 Ministry for the Environment SWAP Baseline Data
Programme and was involved with the Packaging Accord 2004, both as the collator of all available packaging waste data for the Ministry for the Environment and as the writer of the Recycling Operators
of NZ Sector Action Plan. Other projects he has managed include the following:
- Collation of all available waste data for MfE to produce national estimates of packaging, construction/demolition waste, cleanfill, and general waste streams. These data were used by the MfE in
the 2007 State of the Environment report.
- Preparation of business plan for composting of municipal biosolids
- Research into the environmental, social, and economic effects of food waste disposal options for the Organic Working Group of the Auckland Waste Managers' Forum
- Assistance with trials of wheelie-bin based recycling and organic waste collections for North Shore City Council
- Research into land application of biosolids for North Shore City Council
- Trial of Auckland City's integrated waste management system for the Auckland isthmus
- Preparation of briefing papers for Ministry for the Environment Waste Reduction Working Group
- Manages the biannual/annual Solid Waste Analysis Protocol audits for, amongst others, Waitakere City Council, North Shore City Council, Manukau City Council, Rodney District Council, Auckland
City, and Whangarei District Council.